Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birth of Jack Ryan Lee

On June 10, 2008 I worked at my school all day and my doctors office called to see if I could come in for an early appointment. I was feeling good and my due date was 5 days away. So Ryan was at work and Griffin was at daycare. When I got on the ultra sound table the Dr. said "You have no fluid left, did your water break?" I said "No". They put me in a wheel chair right then and sent me down for an emergency C-Section. Jack was breech, so we had to move fast. I had also just eaten lunch so they were worried about operating. It was crazy. I called Ryan crying and beggin him to get to the hospital ASAP. The I called my cousin Missy. She said don't worry about Griffin, I'll take her to dance class with her. So Griffin did ballet while I gave birth to her baby brother. Ryan showed up in about 10 minutes straight from work. Luckily we had some great friends come to the rescue. Allison and Jeff came with clean cloths for Ryan. My Mom and Dad and sister, Sarah, were then in 2 hours flat. Other good friends came and helped us make phone calls; LK and Monica, and three teacher friends; Jennifer, Lisa, and Natahsa. We found out that Jack was not in distress, so we were able to wait a couple of hours to let my food settle. The doctors told everyone to leave the room and told me and Ryan that we needed to prepare for the worst. Ryan and I grabbed hands and told them that we had faith in God and his plan for us. I went in the operating room at 6:00pm and Jack Ryan Lee was born by C-Section at 6:17. He was crying and breathing and pink just like any typical newborn. I watched as Jack stuck his little thumb in his mouth showing us that he was hungry. These were all things that he did perfectly that the docs thought he would not do. They told us that he was 3 pounds and 14 oz. and 17 1/2 inches long. We were amazed and overjoyed that our miracle baby finally made it. The one we fought for and he fought for us too for SO long was in our arms and beautiful. Jack spent 9 days in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) at Baptist Hospital in Jacksonville. That was a whole other challenge that we could could not be more ready to get through and get home. We brought Jack home at 3 pounds and 15 oz.

No comments:

Songs I like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones