Saturday, August 16, 2008

Home From the Hospital

Last Sunday morning we took Jack to the ER. We took him in because he was coughing and chocking a lot on his bottles. Sat. night I noticed he was looking a little blue around his lips and eyes. He didn't seem to struggle, but he just did not look right. When we got to the ER they hooked him up to monitors and saw that his oxygen levels were low and they did an X-Ray and said Jack had an acute case of pneumonia. Jack had to fast for 24 hours with an IV. Then they did a feed/swallow study. That is an X-ray of his throat while taking bottle. It showed that Jack is swallowing some of the milk, and some is going down his windpipes. So we had to put the feeding tube back in. We were in the hospital for 4 days for tests and observations. It was so hard to watch my baby have to have blood drawn, lay in bed with an IV and oxygen. They came and drew a little blood for a blood sugar test every three hours. They pricked his heels, toes, and fingers. I ask God for strength for his little body and for strength for us. I keep think of the Amy Grant song "Breath of Heaven". The words say "Breath of Heaven hold me together, be forever near me. Breath of Heaven lighten my darkness, pour over me your holiness, Breath of Heaven."

8 comments:

MJN6 said...

I am glad you all were able to come home. Hope little Jack will continue to improve. Love you Mrs. Mary Jo

Misty said...

Amanda,
I have been praying for you and little Jack every day during my quiet time. God lays you all on my heart every morning. Now I know why. I will continue to pray. Please keep us updated us on little Jack's condition.
~Misty :)

sara jackson said...

Love you, Amanda! I am praying for you. Hoping that Jack has a good week this week and gets stronger.

Adawk said...

I had heard from your Mom he was in the hospital. I hope he has a good week!

Patience Lawson said...

So glad Jack is home! love you!

The Holtons said...

So glad you are home! I remember when Jess was in Augusta and having to see all that "pricking"! I know it has to be harder on Mom than it is on them!

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are home. Hope Jack (and the rest of you) have a better week. Keep us posted. Love you.

Unknown said...

So glad that you decided to stay home this year with Baby Jack. Your cheerful smile is missed in the halls each morning :( I am glad to know that he is feeling better. Your little man had been through so much already. God has brought him so far. You and you family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Natasha

Songs I like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones