Thursday, August 28, 2008

Jack Update

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts and the comments you have made on our blog. It is so encouraging. I praise God this morning for another glimmer of hope and the beauty he has created in Jack. About 3:00 this morning I jumped out of bed and ran to Jack's crib. I had a feeling something was going on. When I got there Jack looked at me and I cuddled him up, and for the first time in over 24 hours he began to make sounds, clear his throat, an gave me that sweet little cry. I have never been so happy to hear a baby cry in my whole life. That was my prayer yesterday to hear him cry and know that he was doing better than he looked. After crying his little face pinked back up and he continues to look better and move more than he has in the past few days. Your prayers are so comforting,and I am so thankful that God listens when we call. Mom, Dad, and Sarah are her. And Ryan is picking up his parents and two sisters from the airport. This will be the first time that all the family will be together since Jack was born. I am so glad that we will get to have a good visit and enjoy Jack, and celebrate his strong will and brave heart. I am so proud of him and blessed to be his Mommy.
Love, Amanda

9 comments:

sara jackson said...

We love you, girl. Been praying for you all day. I saw your Aunt Lisa and she said she had been praying for you all last night too. Shea Walker also asked about you guys. Just wanted to know that we were all thinking and praying for your little man!

Anonymous said...

We will continue to keep each of you in our prayers. Amanda, if there is ANYTHING I can do in ANY way please do not hesitate to ask. My thoughts are with you constantly. I sent an email to my address book this morning so there are at least 50 more people praying for you guys :).

Time & distance may have separated us for awhile, but you have ALWAYS been very close to my heart.

I love you.

Rosemary said...

Amanda, you are surrounded with love. Thank you for letting us know what is going on with that precious baby and your family.

Jill said...

Lee Family,
We are praying for you all. God is holding all of you in his hands. He will give you the strength to persevere. Just know we are all praying and that his is with you at every moment.
Love ya,
Jill

Unknown said...

Amanda,
Baby Jack is SUCH a fighter. You and you family are never far from my thoughts. If there is anything I can do to help (prepare meals, help clean, etc.) please let me know. Jack's presence here is proof that through faithful prayer God's presence is revealed.
Natasha

The Holtons said...

You and your family continue to be in our prayers. I am so thankful that you are surrounded by your loving family. Let me knowif I can do anything for you! Love you-Ginny

Sara said...

The Lee Family-
Amanda it has been a long time since I have talked to you, but I ran across your blog the other day. I just want to say that you and your precious family are in my prayers.

God Bless-
Sara Merritt (Szafran)

Bev said...

glad both of your families are there with you-there's strength in numbers. Our prayer is that all will be well with your family. XO Steve&Beverly Strange

Shannon said...

I'm still thinking of you guys. I didn't realize you were at church Sunday or I would have come over and hugged you! I'm just down the street if you need anything. I think of you everytime I drive past Orange Picker!

My dad asked me to tell you that he and his students at Harding have been praying for your family and little Jack. Know that hundreds of prayers go out for you daily.

Much love, Shannon and gang

Songs I like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones