Monday, August 4, 2008

Verses that inspire me

Being a parent lets you know how out of your control life can be. Being a Christian parent lets you know how in control God is. During pregnancy and even now these verses help me lean on God and put my trust in him. The past 8 months have been really hard, but many of you sent verses in your cards which really helped me connect to God. Thank you again to all that read this for their support and prayers. A song that came to mind and has stuck with me is "Blessed Assurance". I know God put that song on my heart, because I don't even remember the last time I have heard it. My favorite line: "This is my story, this is my song. Praising my Saviour all the day long." And I do praise God for the mercy he has showed us and the love he has given me and Ryan through our children.

2 Timothy 1:7
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of POWER and of LOVE, and of a SOUND MIND."

Matthew 11:28-29
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you shall find rest for your souls."

Deuteronomy 3:18
"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Mark 10:27
"With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

Romans 5:2-5
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our suffering, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance produces character, and character produces hope. And HOPE does not disappoint us because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

When you get the chance read Ephesians 3:14-21. My sweet friend Kristy Cates from Valdosta sent me this verse in a card. It is a little long to type, but the words are so beautiful. I pray this prayer for those that I know and love that are struggling.
If you or someone you know is struggling with a scary pregnancy or just needs someone to pray with please contact me. I had so many beautiful moments praying, even over the phone, with people. I would love to be able to give that back to others. My e-mail: rlee1210@att.net

2 comments:

ma said...

Amanda, Your blog today is just beautiful. I am so glad Jack is growing so nicely. I have another verse for you. Praise be to the God and Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. (2 Cor 1:3-4) God will surely use you to comfort other. I will continue to pray for your family. Love, Summer's ma

MJN6 said...

I am so thankful Jack is growing. Thank you for sharing these verses with me. Love you, Mrs. Mary Jo

Songs I like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones